Sunday 4th August, 2013
I found two recipes online, combined and tweaked them a little until they came out tasting amazing! As it says in the title, this recipe is for double chocolate cookie dough caramel brownies, meaning, if you have a sweat tooth, you’ll love these! They’re great fun to make, and taste amazing! Worth giving them a go!
- 9 1/2 oz of Plain Flour
- 1 oz of Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 180g of Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 7 oz of Light Brown Sugar
- 3 1/2 oz of Granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 160g of Chocolate Chips
- Tin of Caramel Sauce
- You can either make these as one big tray, or cook them in cake cases. If making a tray, line an 8×8 inch baking dish with foil, and lightly cover with oil or butter to prevent the cakes sticking. Alternatively, place 15 muffin cases in a muffin tin. Pre-heat the oven to 160oc.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa power, baking soda and salt together.
- In a second bowl whisk the butter and sugars until combined.
- Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla to the mixture and continue to whisk.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet by folding it in with a spatula.
- Then add the chocolate chips (I used a Cadbury’s bar chopped up).
- Place half the mixture either into the large pan, or split between the 15 muffin cases.
- Then pour the caramel sauce over the tray, or alternatively add one large teaspoon to each muffin.
- Once it is all covered with the caramel, place the remaining mixture on top, ensuring the the caramel is completely hidden.
- If baking a whole tray, place in the over for 35-40 minutes. If you have placed the mixture into separate cases, cook for around 30 minutes.
- Once they are brown, and firm to touch remove the cakes from the oven.
- Allow them to cool completely before lifting them out of the pan.